Feby 12. 1834.
I had the pleasure of reading your communication, and of presenting your Donation of Books to the Members at their last meeting – and I have much gratification in stating that your acceptable present of books was duly appreciated by them. I have also to state that you are considered as one of the Patrons of the Institution, with J Neeld Esqr MP. <2> who is also President. The reason I did not acknowledge your Donation sooner was that I expected to have been enabled to forward you a Printed list of the Officers of the Institution – but as that is not ready I shall take the liberty of forwarding a list of such as have yet done us the honor to become Patrons. &c
I have the honor to be, Sir Your Obedt Servt
H Head Alexander
Chippm Literary & Scientific Institution
J. Neeld Esqr M. P.
W. H. F. Talbot Esqr M. P.
J Neeld Esqr M. P.
W. H. F. Talbot Esq M. P.
31 Sackville Street
1. Chippenham, Wiltshire: largest town near Lacock, 3 miles N.
2. Joseph Neeld (1789–1856), MP & botanist.
3. Rev William Short, Vicar of Chippenham.
4. William Gundry, banker, Chippenham .
5. William Colborne, surgeon at High Street, Chippenham.