13 Gloucester Row
My dr Henry
What are become of the Books you ordered from Thorpes <1> for me? for I have never received them, tho’ they have been daily enquired for. – I hope you did not lose a moment in going there about them, as I never send for any but what I am crazy to get, & they are snapt up in a moment – I now want you to get three more, the first is [illegible deletion]
Index to Wartons Histy of Poetry No 2294
|1407||Apologie du Prince Guillaume d’Orange||4to–||4|
|2294||Index to Wartons <2> Histy of Poetry –||4to–||4|
|2315||Weldons <3> Court of K. James –||12o||5/6|
Pray send them off instantly for I shall be in a tantarum <4> as I always am for books fm Thorpes & it is a week since Ht <5> wrote – I congrat you & Constance <6> on your girl <7> if she has a pretty name & if you send the books quick –
You must send them down directed to me by Mail as I am in a tantarum.
Henry Fox Talbot Esqre
65 Harley Street
2. Thomas Warton (1728–1790) An index to The history of English poetry by Thomas Warton (London: Printed for Lackington, Allen, and co., 1806)
3. Sir Anthony Weldon The Court and Character of King James.
4. Passion, frenzy.
5. Henrietta Horatia Maria Gaisford, née Feilding (1810–1851), WHFT’s half-sister.
6. Constance Talbot, née Mundy (1811–1880), WHFT’s wife.
7. Rosamond Constance ‘Monie’ Talbot (1837–1906), artist & WHFT’s 2nd daughter.