No 10 Harley Place
10th July 1831
As I have been staying here for 2 or 3 weeks & do not purpose returning to Chippenham <2> before Monday the 18th Instant I thought I might be preventing a disappointmt by addressing a line or two from hence in reply to your favor of the 8th which has reached me here this day. – If you consider the delay of importance & would request either Mr W Awdry or Mr Wilmot <3> to wait on the [illegible] agent (Mr [R?] Gundry- <4> I presume a meeting might be called in the absence of the Bailiff & should my signature be desired to the Petition & they will forward it to me I will sign it with much pleasure or indeed do any thing you might consider necessary & will point out to me by Letter addressed to me as above – the Petition is at my Bank at Chippm and I have sent instructions to my Partner there ( Mr Poole <5> to forward your wishes by any means in his power I write in haste to Save the Post
& remain Dear Sir Yours truly
W. H. F. Talbot Esqre
No 31 Sackville Street
1. Clifton, Bristol, on the Avon Gorge.
2. Chippenham, Wiltshire: largest town near Lacock, 3 miles N.
3. Probably West Awdry (1807–1892), solicitor, Chippenham, and William Wilmot, jnr, solicitor, Chippenham.
4. Possibly William Gundry, banker, Chippenham .
5. Probably of Poole & Carpmael, London solicitors.