My dear Henry
I hope this may reach you before you take wing for Corfu, I shall start immediately after election matters will allow of my absence but I much fear that the variety of intervening temptations between Gibraltar & Corfu, will prevent my reaching the latter till after you have left it I wish I could tempt you on to Constantinople or Alexandria.
John Strangways <2> is gone up the Nile with Mr Phillips a gentleman of Leicester Shire and I am in great hopes I shall meet him somewhere next year I will not fail to leave an account of my movements with William <3> at Florence. I leave this tomorrow for Margam, <4> where I have been staying two days in my way from Plymouth. In about a month I shall be in London, but I have had so much to do in Glamorganshire this winter, that I was quite prevented from going to Town as I expected I am in hopes my sisters will come too, but they are not over-ready or anxious in the cause
Believe me Dear Henry Every truly Yours
C R M Talbot
Sherborne, March ten 1826 Ilchester <6>
H. F. Talbot Esqr
31. Sackville St
1. Melbury, Dorset: one of the Fox Strangways family homes; WHFT was born there.
2. John George Charles Fox Strangways (18031859), MP.
3. William Thomas Horner Fox Strangways, 4th Earl of Ilchester (17951865), botanist, art collector & diplomat.
4. Margam Park, Glamorgan: home of Christopher Rice Mansel Talbot.
5. Rear Admiral Charles Feilding (17801837), Royal Navy; WHFTs step-father.
6. Henry Stephen Fox Strangways, 3rd Earl of Ilchester (17871858).