My dear Henry
I hope you like school. Mama <2> is going to send Uncle William <3> some fossils for his Collection [sic]. Mama has given me a beautiful piece of Spar, and she has given Jane Charry and Mary <4> some fossils, we are going to make a Colection [sic] we have got some shells will you write to me soon, when you can. I am your aff. Cousin Ronille Talbot
W H F. Talbot
From poor Elinor Penrice June 1808 <5>
1. Penrice Castle and Penrice House, Gower, Glamorgan, 10 mi SW of Swansea: home of Christopher Rice Mansel Talbot.
2. Lady Mary Lucy Cole, née Strangways, first m. Talbot (1776–1855), WHFT’s aunt.
3. William Thomas Horner Fox Strangways, 4th Earl of Ilchester (1795–1865), botanist, art collector & diplomat.
4. Jane Harriot Nicholl, née Talbot (1796–1874); Charlotte Louisa 'Charry' Traherne, née Talbot (1800–1880), WHFT’s cousin; Mary Thereza Talbot (1795–1861), WHFT’s cousin.
5. Written in another hand, referring to the early death of the author in 1810.