My dear Henry
I am very sorry I cannot come & see you but I am just starting pr Packet to escort Isabella’s <1> Girls into Glamorganshire & shall be at Coedriglan <2>I hope by two oclock. we hope to have some air when we are on the water. –
I am sorry to hear you have been ill, the heat must retard your regaining your strength I am sure but you have a nice cool house & Garden to saunter about in & I hope you will not have any thing to disturb you. –
We think Sophy <3> must be 40 or very near it (she is older than Robert) Isabella remembers her a great Girl in the year 29. –
My love to all, no time for more today
I am your affate coz
1. Isabella Catherine Franklen, née Talbot (1804–1874).
2. Coedriglan, near Cardiff, Wales: home of the Rev John Montgomerie Traherne, husband of WHFT’s cousin Charlotte.
3. Possibly Lady Sophia Penelope Jolliffe, née Sheffield (1822-1882), 'Sophy', first m WTHF Strangways, WHFT's uncle, on 21 July 1857, becoming Countess of Ilchester; second, m 19 January 1867, William George Henry Jolliffe, 1st Baron Hylton.
4. Jane Harriot Nicholl, née Talbot (1796–1874).
5. Lucy Mary Nicholl (1824-1876), of Merthyr Mawr.