My dear Cousin
I forwarded your letter to Miss Ford at her house at Leamington as I did not know where she was at the time. I wish I could assist you in any other way about your protégée but I do not know any one to apply to & have no vote or interest of my own. – You will all be glad to hear that Mamma <2> performed her journey to Lanelay 10 miles very
Lady Charlotte <5> writes me word her cough is a little better and I hope change of air will do her good –
We have not seen Hart & Mr Mundy <6> yet but are expecting Lucy to bring them over to see us some fine day –
With our kind love believe me your affate coz
1. Llanely, or Lanely, Glamorganshire: home of Lady Mary Cole and Mary Thereza Talbot.
2. Mary Thereza Talbot (1795–1861), WHFT’s cousin.
3. Charlotte Louisa 'Charry' Traherne, née Talbot (1800–1880), WHFT’s cousin, and Rev John Montgomerie Traherne (1788–1860), JP & author.
4. Lady Elisabeth Theresa Feilding, née Fox Strangways, first m Talbot (1773–1846), WHFT’s mother.
5. Lady Charlotte Talbot, née Butler (1809–1846), wife of CRM Talbot.
6. Harriot Georgiana Mundy, née Frampton (1806-1886), WHFT’s cousin & sister-in-law, and William Mundy (1801-1877), politician, WHFT’s brother-in-law.