Tuesday Decr 11th
My dear Henry
I am very sorry to see that tiresome Mr Mayne <2> is going to stand I thought he would not come to the point. I am very anxious to know the event tho I suppose there is no doubt of your success & hope you will bestow on me one of your first franks
If Constance <3> did like riding in winter I should be most happy to offer her my Waterwitch, which carries me beautifully, whenever she likes it. Uncle Harry <4> went to Redlynch <5> this morng to shoot I believe Aunt Harriet & Louisa <6> come to-morrow You have not yet told us where you are to be married but I conclude it will be in town as you talk of going to Richmond
Addio fratello carissimo, <7> God bless you & make you very happy
your affte sister
1. Melbury, Dorset: one of the Fox Strangways family homes; WHFT was born there.
3. Constance Talbot, n้e Mundy (18111880), who would marry WHFT on 20 December.
4. Henry Stephen Fox Strangways, 3rd Earl of Ilchester (17871858).
5. Redlynch, Somerset, seat of the Earls of Ilchester (Barons of Redlynch).
6. Lady Harriet Frampton, n้e Fox Strangways (d. 1844) and Louisa Charlotte Frampton.
7. Goodbye dearest brother.