My dear Henry
I enclose a letter from William <3> which you may perhaps like to see tho’ it is merely botanical & not nearly as entertaining as usual. – You need not return it. –
Many thanks for your note which was exactly what I have been waiting know [to]<4> & I could not tell where to direct a letter of enquiry to you.
All the House is dressed up with Evergreens, all over the doors, & fireplaces, & the Singers are singing under the windows at this moment – I wish you were here to hear them.
Your Aff Cousin
Christmas Eve –
Dorchester, Decr twenty five 1825 Ilchester <6>
H. Talbot Esqr
31. Sackville St
1. Lady Harriet Frampton, née Fox Strangways (d. 1844) .
2. Louisa Emma Petty Fitzmaurice, née Fox Strangways, Marchioness of Lansdowne (1785-1851), wife of Henry Petty Fitzmaurice, 3rd Marquess of Lansdowne; Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Victoria, 1837-1838; WHFT's aunt.
3. William Thomas Horner Fox Strangways, 4th Earl of Ilchester (1795–1865), botanist, art collector & diplomat.
4. Written off the edge of page.
5. Moreton, Dorset: home of the Frampton family.
6. Henry Stephen Fox Strangways, 3rd Earl of Ilchester (1787–1858). He franked the letter on Xmas Day.