My dear Henry
Will you dine at ¼ before 8 – & go ensuite <1> to L. Hse <2> You will like to see Ld Auckland & Miss Eden <3> who dine there.
Ernest & Val <4> are gone to Cowes.
No letter fm Horatia <5> today.
2. Lansdowne House, London: home of the Marquis of Lansdowne, WHFT's uncle and cousins.
3. George Eden, 1st Earl of Auckland (1784–1849), Governor General of India, and Miss Eden, presumambly one of his several sisters.
4. Ernest Augustus Edgcumbe, Lord Valletort, 3rd Earl of Mt Edgcumbe (1797–1861), WHFT’s brother-in-law, and William Henry Edgcumbe, ‘Val’, 4th Earl Mt Edgcumbe (1832–1917), JP & Ld Steward of the Royal Household; WHFT’s nephew ‘Bimbo’.
5. Henrietta Horatia Maria Gaisford, née Feilding (1810–1851), WHFT’s half-sister.
6. Charles Earnest Edgcumbe (1838–1915), JP, WHFT’s nephew, and Ernestine Emma Horatia Edgcumbe (1843-1925), WHFT’s niece.